Strawberry Lemon Balm Scones Recipe
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- zest of one (meyer if possible) lemon
- Approx 1 tbsp fresh, finely chopped lemon balm
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus more for glazing
- 1 large egg
Preheat overnight to 425F.
Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the butter to the mix. Sort of squish it around with your hands until it resembles a coarse meal with no lumps larger than a pea.
Add sugar, lemon zest & lemon balm and strawberries.
Next, pour the cream into a bowl and whisk in the egg.
Add your wet ingredients to dry and gently combine.
Now turn it out to shape it and knead it until you’ve got a nice, semi-firm circle–but try not to over-knead it. It shouldn’t take more than 12 passes at it.
Put it on your parchment paper lined cookie tray and cut it into 6-8 slices.