My friend has it rough! She’s a tough cookie, but her first trimester is hitting her hard. Sadly, it’s not all that uncommon to have horrible nausea that goes beyond “morning sickness” when pregnant. I decided to put together a little care package for her based on my Sick Kit that I keep at home.
I packed in all the things I could think of that brought me any comfort when I was nauseated during pregnancy. The kit includes:
- Plain potato chips
- Digestive cookies
- Ginger ale
- 7-up and instructions for 7-up slushies
- Hydrating drink and instructions to make it into ice cubes to suck on
- Bullion Cubes
- Lipton Cup A Soup
- Motion sickness bracelet
- Lemons (I used to keep them everywhere, sniffing them helped take the edge off the nausea)
- Some homemade ginger chews
- A menu for meals I could bring over for her or her family
- Invitations for playdates at my house for her older kids
- The Motherisk pamphlet for surviving morning sickness and their NVP hotline
I put it all in a shoebox wrapped in cheerful paper and left it on her front door. With any luck, the second trimester will treat her much better!